• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

butterworms

busybees

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi
can you tell me if butterworms are good for a beardie,i have been told the are high in calcium
many thanks

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great as a semi staple, high in cal yes, just not as high as phoenix worms... Hold back cal supplements on days you feed the butters.
Janie

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My babies loved the butterworms... I include them with a rounded out meal of roaches, supers, and horns.

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
They are a green worm (Hornworms) and grow really fast (up to two inches and are fat). They come in pod (which means with their food) of 12 to 20 per pod. They are great but costly for a full staple. To me they smell kinda fruity. I give a couple a day for a treat. They are high in fluid which I like. I think they are about nine bucks a pod. If they were cheaper I would buy them more often.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
if so then we both are... lol... I know I am ! Could be just the graphics though...
the blues are more bluegreenblue....
Does that make sense ?
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Great as a semi staple, high in cal yes, just not as high as phoenix worms... Hold back cal supplements on days you feed the butters.
Janie

nope janie, you don't withhold calcium with butters.

The color of the hornworm depends entirely on the makeup of food it eats.

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
if so then we both are... lol... I know I am ! Could be just the graphics though...
the blues are more bluegreenblue....
Does that make sense ?
Janie

I would say green with a hint of blue... LOL

Latest posts