• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Burmation ?

Sarah Kwiatkowski

Juvenile Dragon
I think Pheniox my 4 and a half year old beardie is going into burmation ! Do I keep the lights the same ? Do I continue with bathing her ? More or less baths ? Do I still offer her crickets or just daily salads ?

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, depends on your beardie honestly. Some go into a deep sleep and others will wake with your presence. I soak my beardies weekly unless they do not wake from my touch. No need to put in crickets or green. If the dragon is in brumation, the only thing it could use is a little water from time to time.

*If you dont want to soak. You can use a dropper and put a drop on the nose of the dragon. Do this for a few minutes if the dragon drinks.. well you know what to do.

Sarah Kwiatkowski

Juvenile Dragon
Ok thank you , she has been curled up for 2 days now , does burmation last around a few months right , and should I still supply regular lighting or just a heat bulb?

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Duration will depend on the beardie. It typically last's 3-4 months.

Lights and heat is up to you. I would definitely lower the temps to no higher than 80* though.

Latest posts