• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Burmation.

Zeus0224

Bearded Dragon Egg
So this is our first time with our beardie Zeus burmation. He went into it about a two weeks ago. Is this common this late in the winter months. It’s not been too cold here in Illinois. What should I do to help him. Thanks in advance.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So this is our first time with our beardie Zeus burmation. He went into it about a two weeks ago. Is this common this late in the winter months. It’s not been too cold here in Illinois. What should I do to help him. Thanks in advance.
First lets go over the UVB your using---- if your using a coil UVB it needs to be replaced immediately-- surface basking temps what are they how are you taking them? NO stick ons please digital probe thermometer -- incorrect lighting and temps can mimic brumation so we want to eliminate that first -- then we will move on

Zeus0224

Bearded Dragon Egg
First lets go over the UVB your using---- if your using a coil UVB it needs to be replaced immediately-- surface basking temps what are they how are you taking them? NO stick ons please digital probe thermometer -- incorrect lighting and temps can mimic brumation so we want to eliminate that first -- then we will move on
I have the tube T5 I believe for UVB and red heat lamps. Digital probe thermometer

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have the tube T5 I believe for UVB and red heat lamps. Digital probe thermometer
Red heat lamps get rid of them immediately - they will cause eye issues - dragons have a third eye on top of their heads and are very sensitive to light they are used for predators- your dragon needs a clear solid bright white basking bulb like flukers basking exo Terra intense or a Arcadia halogen-- please get this asap- what type of screen is on the tank? Fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type? This is going to determine where the uvb needs to be placed and distanced-

Zeus0224

Bearded Dragon Egg
Red heat lamps get rid of them immediately - they will cause eye issues - dragons have a third eye on top of their heads and are very sensitive to light they are used for predators- your dragon needs a clear solid bright white basking bulb like flukers basking exo Terra intense or a Arcadia halogen-- please get this asap- what type of screen is on the tank? Fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type? This is going to determine where the uvb needs to be placed and distanced-
Wide hole mesh like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wide hole mesh like.
Please shut the red lights off --- they are doing a lot of damage and this is why your getting the dragons behavior-- you want to mimic the sun and the solid clear bright white bulb is the next best thing--- red bulbs or any colored bulb will damage the dragons eyes - they disrupt sleep - your dragon needs cool and dark w/ temps 65-75 at night- any cooler you can get a CHE ceramic heat emitter -- it emits heat NO light -- please get a piece of basking decor directly under the UVB 8-10 inches --- after you get the new basking bulb please let me know what his behavior is --- what are his surface basking temps?

Zeus0224

Bearded Dragon Egg
Headed to pet store now. But basking temps are about 100. He does have a platform about 10 inches from basking lamps. He’s about 12-18 inches from the UVB side he has a log he climbs on and all that.

Zeus0224

Bearded Dragon Egg
So if I change all these lights do I turn them all on so he wakes up or do I leave them all off and let him go. I’m getting different signals on that.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Headed to pet store now. But basking temps are about 100. He does have a platform about 10 inches from basking lamps. He’s about 12-18 inches from the UVB side he has a log he climbs on and all that.
The uvb is on the side of the tank? It should be directly above him- are you using a digital probe thermometer-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So if I change all these lights do I turn them all on so he wakes up or do I leave them all off and let him go. I’m getting different signals on that.
Turn them on and off as usual- photo period is normally 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off- - sometimes shorter in the winter and longer in the summer

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok as long as the basking decor is 8-10 inches underneath - make sure you are getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer- 95-100 for an adult

Latest posts