• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Burmation questions

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I see everyone talking about burmation. I was wondering if all adult dragons do this? Princess is acting as she always has besides the fact that she goes to sleep a little earlier at night. Other than that she's very active during the day. What are signs of burmation?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No not all dragons go through brumation
and the dragons that do often go into different levels of it
i know people that have 6-8 year olds that have never once brumated

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just agreeing that not all dragons brumate. We had a theory that Bernie brumated in June when the air conditioner was first turned on. Our vet didn't disagree, but we had no hard evidence that it was brumation. If it was, it was a very light brumation.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Princess has been going to sleep between 5:30 and 6 p.m. Should I turn off her lights when she goes to sleep or leave them on until 9?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i normally shorten the days for them during the fall/winter months anyway, wether or not they are going to brumate.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree. If she is going to sleep, go ahead and cut back on the lights. You can increase them when she starts back to her normal routine.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I also shorten the time down for 2 of my dragons to 3 hrs a day! The other 2 I cut all power for 6 months because they dig deep down and don't want to bother with anyone or be bothered!!

Latest posts