• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bump on the head: what is it?

Oladushka

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!
I've noticed that my bearded dragon has strange bump on his head. Could it be some sort of abscess? Need some help here
20200821_220000.jpg
20200822_092706.jpg
20200821_203735.jpg

Oladushka

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well that is interesting -- are you feeding crickets and leaving them in the tank? I have enlisted some help
No, I have a cockroaches and never leave them in the tank after feeding.
But it could have been before since I have no idea how seller feed him. Do you think that it could be a bite? There is strange dark dot in the middle of this bump.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No, I have a cockroaches and never leave them in the tank after feeding.
But it could have been before since I have no idea how seller feed him. Do you think that it could be a bite? There is strange dark dot in the middle of this bump.
From the person I enlisted help from said this
Once in a while a baby will hatch out like that, it's not a cricket bite. I've seen a few of these over the years, just a little lump , born that way.

Oladushka

Bearded Dragon Egg
From the person I enlisted help from said this
Once in a while a baby will hatch out like that, it's not a cricket bite. I've seen a few of these over the years, just a little lump , born that way.
So, it means no worries? It just the way how it will be and this little creature looks fine?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, it means no worries? It just the way how it will be and this little creature looks fine?
Yes -- if it starts to do anything funny then post again w/ pics-that little dot your seeing is possible the 3rd eye- they have one on top of the head for predators -- that is also why we say not to use colored bulbs - off white yellowish bulbs for basking etc--- its very sensitive to light

Oladushka

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes -- if it starts to do anything funny then post again w/ pics-that little dot your seeing is possible the 3rd eye- they have one on top of the head for predators -- that is also why we say not to use colored bulbs - off white yellowish bulbs for basking etc--- its very sensitive to light
Got it, thank you a lot! :)

Aspookyghost

Bearded Dragon Egg

Oladushka

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's just his third eye, it helps him detect changes in light to help him spot predators. Which is why you shouldn't pet the top of a beardie's heads because it can really freak him out.
I hope this helped! He's really cute btw!!
Yep, and now I also know that it is his third eye :)

It really helped since now it doesn't feel like it something to worry about. Thank you!

Latest posts