• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bulbs burning out after a few weeks?

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
I keep buying these zilla 75 watt bulbs and they burn out after a few weeks. Im getting sick and tires of this. Can anybody explain why this might be happening?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like it might be a bad fixture. Or it could be from physical vibration. Is there anything that is causing the fixture and bulb to jiggle or move?

Abyss

Hatchling Dragon
Did u check the date on the bulb before you buy? I was talking about this with a pet store worker the other day, she was cool and actually made a point to check the date on it before I bought... I didn't even think if doing it.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Did u check the date on the bulb before you buy? I was talking about this with a pet store worker the other day, she was cool and actually made a point to check the date on it before I bought... I didn't even think if doing it.

I didn't realize they had expiration dates! Now I'm going to check from now on. I always have problems with the incandescent lights for my frog tanks going out.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Could be multitude of things.

Bad fixture
Expired bulb
Loose connection
Bad bulb
Incorrect Watt bulb for fixture
And importantly with UVB and heat style bulbs it's kinda important to not touch the bulb with your hands. Oils on our hands shorten life span(or can) even cause them to shatter when turned on. Use a glove or a simple towel when putting them in.

Latest posts