• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bulb wattage for 36x18x18 exo terra

Pwninnoobs

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am currently using an aquarium tank that is 24inches deep. I got a 150watt light to keep the temps above 100. The new tank is more shallower (18inches) I assume 150 is going to be too hot. Any ideas on what wattage I should replace it with? I figured most people in here have 50gallon tanks so instead of me buying a bunch of bulbs and driving back and forth to the store I’d love to get everyone opinions on what wattage bulb to buy. Also my black light is 75watts which keeps the temps around 80 at night (on the hot side) typing this makes me think I just answered my question but would love to just pick everyone’s brains on this. :)

David Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
I run one 100w and a 75w with a 18in tube uv on the same tank. My hot side stays at 102deg day and with no bulbs at night a 75-80deg nighttime temps.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When mine were babies still I used a 100w bulb in that size tank in the winter and in the summer switched it out to a 75w. David is right, no lights at all at night. They see all sorts of color that we can't even see and shadows, they need complete darkness. If the tank drops below 65 degrees, use a ceramic heat emitter. It puts out heat but no light. The tank should be 65-70 degrees at night. They need a period of coolness to recharge their brains.

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
Depends on how high/close your basking spot is to your basking bulb. Mine is 8" and I use a 50 watt for 105-110 degress on the basking spot. My basking spot is a magntic held ledge, easy to adjust up and down to dial in. My cool side stays around 75-80 depending on room temperature. This is in my one glass enclosure. Rest are ABS.

Latest posts