• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Built up shed around eye.

Blake_molinaro

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I’ve had my dragon Dova for 2 years. I have attempted to take the shed off many of times before but to no success. I just came up with idea to finally check forums so here I am. What should I do any thoughts?

Attached are a pic of the eye in question and his cage.

Attachments

• 5B332853-CE85-4850-84ED-3ABE7F493605.jpeg
    5B332853-CE85-4850-84ED-3ABE7F493605.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • F1F0703E-3EA9-4719-B994-C8094EB2B1BE.jpeg
    F1F0703E-3EA9-4719-B994-C8094EB2B1BE.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 12

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I suggest taking her to the vet as soon as you can. That doesn’t really look like stuck shed and she may need some medical attention. At this point i think that would be the best thing to do. Hope she’s ok.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I’ve had my dragon Dova for 2 years. I have attempted to take the shed off many of times before but to no success. I just came up with idea to finally check forums so here I am. What should I do any thoughts?

Attached are a pic of the eye in question and his cage.
If the UVB is a T 8 I would recommend getting it into the tank --- shes not getting much UVB as the screen will block 30% of the rays-- the clear plastic cover needs to be off the fixture and there should be a piece of decor directly under it 6-8 inches ---- this could be reason for eye issue- and I would change the substrate out as well - alot of loose substrate will harbor bacteria --- you can use some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from your local home improvement store - cut it to the size of the tank insects cannot get underneath and its easy to clean w/ 50/50 vinegar/ water solution--- in the meantime you can try rinsing the eye out w/ some regular saline solution NO contact lens stuff--- see if some of the crusty stuff comes off - try using a cotton swab or a cotton ball w/ saline on it -- if it continues to crust after you get the UVB situated then get her into the vet --- please get your dragon a hide --

Latest posts