• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building a new tank, in need of sliding glass help

Cosworth

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm building a new tank for Thor since he's outgrowing his current tank. It's 72 inches wide and about 30 inches tall, and I'm going to have the front be dual sliding glass. Does anyone know of a good way to do this, or somewhere to get sliding glass and hardware?

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I would like to build a double rack for Tink and Rex. Both halves being 40 gallons but i want it to have a nice looking exterior at the same time. Thing is I am not architecturally inclined. While anybody is answering Thor's question I was hoping I could get directions to a good site detailing how to construct one of these vivs. I have seen craigs thread but I can't go that super detailed lol.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Cosworth. You might want to take a look at my thread titled Sam's Place (linked in my sig). One of my custom enclosures has the sliding glass on the front. I bought my tracks online and had the tempered glass cut locally.

Hollar if ya need anything.

Cosworth

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Here's Mr. I'mHuggingMyRockAndAllOfMyLimbsAreAboutToShed in his 30"x12"x12" tank he's had since I got him in early May. (he was a lot smaller back then)
DSCF5810.jpg

Here's the start of his new tank. Each of the floor tiles are 18" square, giving a floor space of about 3'x6'. The top is coated in metal screen to keep bugs out and then there is chicken wire on top of that to allow 'heavy' lights to be rested on it without worry. Height from floor to ceiling is about 28". Additional levels will be added so he has more floor space and a better ability to get closer to his UV.
DSCF5806.jpg

And, his old and new tanks in the same picture. His old one could fit in the new one twelve times. I haven't tallied up the costs yet, but with 6 extra tiles for other platforms and without the cost of the glass added in yet nor new lighting, I'm below the $200 mark.
DSCF5809.jpg

Cosworth

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Craiger said:
Lookin' good!

Thanks ^_^
Though I've found one problem with it so far. I put Thor in along with three or four crickets, just so that he had something familiar in the strange environment(he had his rug, rocks, and log too). He chased the last cricket into the corner and gobbled it down, then he saw the brown screw a couple inches up and decided to go after it :/ I got him away from it, and I'm going to cover those spots the next chance I get.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, probably a good idea. The screw doesn't look to be protruding above the surface of the wood, though. So it could end up being a learned thing with him.

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Cover it with a background maybe? The setup looks awesome!!!!

Latest posts