• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

building a dragon terrarium

Psychoticchaos

Hatchling Dragon
Recently I have been thinking of building a terrarium out of acrylic, however I have a couple concerns. Will it hold heat and will it put off any toxins that can make my dragon sick? Any advice is much appreciated.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've used acrylic instead of glass for enclosures before. It works fairly well, it's a little bit easier to work with than glass and it will hold heat and humidity ok but you still have to seal it. Keep it mind it scratches really easily and there isn't a cheap way to polish it really.

Psychoticchaos

Hatchling Dragon
I've been looking at prices and it would be a lot cheaper to build the one I want than to buy it. I'm wanting a square tank that's 30x30 (the max size tank I can have right now)

blazedragon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
id suggest melamine if u can get it, most home depot,lowes,menards will have it in stock i paid 30$ for a 4x8x 3/4" sheet and that will most definitely do that size cage. acrylic can be a pain in the arse to weld together.

Latest posts