• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Building a beardie enclosure!

InfinityAquascapes

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, in new to the forum and fairly new to reptile keeping. I got my son a female leatherback by chance because a friend was no longer able to care for her. I was hesitant at first but now I have fallen for her! I decided to build her an enclosure that would better soot her and my needs. I really want some advise on how I should finish the inside of the enclosure and ideas on what to do would be helpful. Paint, stain, I'm just not sure where to go. So let me know what u think of it and if you have any pointers. Thanks!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357952654.554301.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357952675.380319.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357952697.696860.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357952722.567457.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357952750.582297.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
4.jpg
Lovely enclosure, my question is the dimensions, looks to have small floor area for a permanent enclosure.

InfinityAquascapes

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's 40" by 19" by 24". I had a older coffee table not being used so I made the length and width as big as I could for the size of the table. Do you think it will be big enough? What color would the insides traditionally be painted on a beardie home?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Minimum size for an adult should be 4 square feet of floor space, yours is an ample 5.3 square feet, more than adequate & a very nice size for it to be quite comfy in. In my experience, white is the better color for a solid enclosure's inside. It reflects the heat & light, giving a nice bright daytime environment.