• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation?

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My 8 month orange Beardie, Plato hasn't eaten in 4 days! He is by a window in Canada + the days are getting shorter. Feces test ok, temps fine, etc. He always ate superworms and crickets + arugula, but no more. Not sleeping during the day but burows under paper towlling at night, which he never used to do. Worried in Canada!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd just let him be... If it is burmation, then with a clean fecal, allow things to go naturally.. Currently one of my 3 is totally down, Orion.. One is half way down, and had to be woken up for his bath today, Yardley.. Only Gemini is still up.. But sleeps waaaaaaay late and FINALLY is using his hide I spent so much time and effort on ;)
Janie.
Oh Rion and Gem were hatched 12-25/26-08 so they are young, but all signs show sleeping boys in the next week !
Yardley is over a year now... Sigh...

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
These little guys keep us on our toes, don't they? It does sound like the beginnings of brumation. Keep a close eye on him. And make sure he stays hydrated.

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I bathed him last night and he had a really good drink, and his beard is looking ready to shed.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah, they do tend to slow down their appetite when they are ready to shed. And you will find them basking up the rays to help that skin peel away. Baths also help with the shedding process.

Latest posts