• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation

JakeTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Everyone!

So Jake has gone into brumation, I talked to his previous owner and this is around the time he goes into brumation so I'm positive that's why he's been in his hide box for 3 days and hasn't really come out. I've been checking on him cause its been making me nervous but I know he's ok.

My question is, I fed him only a day or two before he went into brumation, he hasn't pooped. Is there a way I can get him to poop so his food doesn't rot in his stomach? Should I leave some greens in a bowl or some water if he wakes up and wants to eat/drink?
All advice is appreciated, thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Everyone!

So Jake has gone into brumation, I talked to his previous owner and this is around the time he goes into brumation so I'm positive that's why he's been in his hide box for 3 days and hasn't really come out. I've been checking on him cause its been making me nervous but I know he's ok.

My question is, I fed him only a day or two before he went into brumation, he hasn't pooped. Is there a way I can get him to poop so his food doesn't rot in his stomach? Should I leave some greens in a bowl or some water if he wakes up and wants to eat/drink?
He will be fine -- I have been told its a myth w/ the food rotting in the stomach -- get him out in about a week or so and get a weight on him and offer water -- if he drinks from a bath do that and it may stimulate him to poop

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
Hey Everyone!

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
Mine isn't in beumation ,exactly, she's sick, but acting like brumation. I was.worried about the food rotting as I've been told, but I gave her a warm bath ,as I've been told to do, but she didn't poop until we pulled in at the vets. I felt better ,but I'm still not sure if she is brumating or sick. I do leave fresh greens and water, just in case.

Latest posts