• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation?

Larissa132

Bearded Dragon Egg
How do I tell if my little man is going into brumation or not? He's been hiding down in his hide away house for the last couple days so I'm curious what's going on & haven't gone through that yet! He's 1 years old as of a month ago!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How do I tell if my little man is going into brumation or not? He's been hiding down in his hide away house for the last couple days so I'm curious what's going on & haven't gone through that yet! He's 1 years old as of a month ago!
Its possible --- lets go over the surface basking temps they should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and NO coils for a UVB --- you want a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med 24" for a 40 + gallon tank or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb --- incorrect temps and UVB can simulate brumation -- so we want to rule these things out --

Larissa132

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here's his custome home & where he's hiding.
I have a Chameleon so I definitely know temps have to be right and no coil bulbs ever

Attachments

• 20221003_075724.jpg
    20221003_075724.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 20221003_075738.jpg
    20221003_075738.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here's his custome home & where he's hiding.
I have a Chameleon so I definitely know temps have to be right and no coil bulbs ever
Ok sorry can't remember everyone's set up - he's slowing down I would say - get a weight on him now and watch it - if he is losing weight then there's a issue+ they will lose / can in brumation- usually they will sustain it- I would offer him water and weigh him every 3 weeks if he does not come out on his own

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok sorry can't remember everyone's set up - he's slowing down I would say - get a weight on him now and watch it - if he is losing weight then there's a issue+ they will lose / can in brumation- usually they will sustain it- I would offer him water and weigh him every 3 weeks if he does not come out on his own
Also how old is your uvb bulb?

Larissa132

Bearded Dragon Egg
Gets changed every 6 months. December is the 6 month mark again! I'll weigh him here soon. He's still down there with his eyes closed

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gets changed every 6 months. December is the 6 month mark again! I'll weigh him here soon. He's still down there with his eyes closed
Ok get a weight on him and track it- so w/ lighting and temps good he sounds like he's settling in for winter- do not let him brumate longer than 3 months -

Latest posts