• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation

liffy22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello I need advice. Our beardie is bruminating for the first time. I thought he had stopped as he was basking and perky so we gave him some crickets since then he has started to slow down Again and looks like he is going back to sleep. He hasn’t pooed since the crickets though / should I be worried? Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello I need advice. Our beardie is bruminating for the first time. I thought he had stopped as he was basking and perky so we gave him some crickets since then he has started to slow down Again and looks like he is going back to sleep. He hasn’t pooed since the crickets though / should I be worried? Thanks
No he will be fine --- it sounds like hes doing the semi brumation thing -- off water however he takes it - whether your giving him a bath or dropping water on his nose or by eye dropper - you want to keep him hydrated tho -- I would get a weight on him as well kitchen food scale weigh in grams - keep track of it - he will eventually poop he started his digestion process by basking after he ate

liffy22

Bearded Dragon Egg
No he will be fine --- it sounds like hes doing the semi brumation thing -- off water however he takes it - whether your giving him a bath or dropping water on his nose or by eye dropper - you want to keep him hydrated tho -- I would get a weight on him as well kitchen food scale weigh in grams - keep track of it - he will eventually poop he started his digestion process by basking after he ate
Thanks so much! He perked up again for some more did last night but seems to be back asleep today! It’s a bit stressful the first time!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks so much! He perked up again for some more did last night but seems to be back asleep today! It’s a bit stressful the first time!!
Dragons can get real lazy during winter months and sleep alot and bask a little bit on and off -- just follow his lead keep him hydrated and his weight -- offer food - it is their natural instinct to semi brumate and go into full brumation - its when they are exhibiting behavior that is not good no basking lethargic not eating etc losing weight that is when to get concerned