• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation

bryan torrey

Bearded Dragon Egg
My dragon has been going to the cooler side of his tank, hiding, sleeping a lot, and not eating much at all. I've been under the impression that brumation doesn't occur during this time of the year but I could be wrong. Is this brumation or should I be worried?
Also if he is, should I mostly leave him alone? Should I still give him baths and such or would he want to be left alone?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My dragon has been going to the cooler side of his tank, hiding, sleeping a lot, and not eating much at all. I've been under the impression that brumation doesn't occur during this time of the year but I could be wrong. Is this brumation or should I be worried?
Also if he is, should I mostly leave him alone? Should I still give him baths and such or would he want to be left alone?
Welcome to the forum, no he should not be brumating (what state do u live in?) can you please go over your lighting with us, this is normally the issue , absolutely NO “coil”/compact uvb bulbs.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We need to start w/ the lighting --- as Skybug suggested --- if the lighting and basking temps are all correct then there is another issue going on but we need to rule out the UVB and the basking temps -- what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please -- they are inaccurate

Latest posts