• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation Start

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So I think he is down for the count. Sleeping in cave under heat lamp on paper towelling.
Pooped and drank 2 days ago, negative fecal test.
Do I still need to turn on the UVB light and heat lamp?
Thanks.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As with everything related to bearded dragons, there are contradicting articles on this. I've read that it is fine to shut down the lights during brumation. But I've also read not to do this.

Personally, I think they need the heat and UV. So, I would leave it on, but perhaps cut back the hours it is on.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i just significantly shorten the length of light and heat during brumation but i do not shut down entirely. their lights get turned down to about 7-8 hours a day in lue of the normal 14 that i run.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thats fine
i soak all of mine 1 time a week while brumating. just gotta make sure they stay hydrated.

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Awake again! This is driving me crazy!
Gave him a bath and he drank, now up + basking again, still won't eat.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Try backing your lights down to 3 hours in the morning! I have 2 dragons that like the lights off and the other two are in and out of it so their lights I do 3 hours in the morning! Good luck..

Latest posts