• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation question

Trekkiegoat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is it possible that my one year old dragon has been in brumation for the last 3 months? Since July he hasn't wanted to eat at all, not even bugs. But if I make a slurry or make him open his mouth and put food in, he'll eat it no problem. I took him to the vet and outside of having a slightly elevated level of pinworms, he looked completely healthy. He's alert, holding his head up, breathing normally, no sounds in the lungs, and brightly colored. The vet prescribed dewormer meds, antibiotics, and a vitamin B shot to boost his appetite (Which it didn't seem to). I took him back a month and a half later, and he tested negative for any parasites or testable illnesses, and still looked completely healthy. I was reading a bit more into brumation and read a blog that said brumation can start at 10 months, and that it doesn't always present as hiding away in a hide for weeks to months, but that it could look like loss of appetite and not wanting to bask (which is what mt guy is doing, laying all day on the cool side of his tank). Anyway, all this to ask, is my dragon suddenly mentally handicapped, or could this just be brumation? I've combed the internet to no avail, and I'm desperate for answers.
*(Please be kind. Fellow dragon owners on other groups on the interwebs have been super quick to judge and shut me down. All I want is kind helpful advice. Not looking to argue, start any fights, get anyone mad, or get kicked out and blocked for posting a picture of my dragon in a tiny cowboy hat ((that he wore for maybe 30 seconds for a photo op for Halloween)) with my question... Which totally did happen. It hurt my feelings more than I expected, lol. So I won't be posting any pictures this time just to be safe.‍♀️)

Latest posts