• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

francine&momma

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 1 year old female beardie, Frankie, is currently brumating for the first time. This is my first beardie and I just want to make sure I am doing everything right or if I am doing too much. First, I live in central Texas and it has not gotten cold yet, cold being below 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
I noticed her activity and appetite decreasing the week before and she was also spending less time basking. She pooped on 12/5 and then on 12/7 she curled up in her hide and has been there since. I turned off both her heat lamp and her UV light. I also covered her tank with a blanket so sunlight doesn't come in, but I don't know if this is necessary. I check on her a few times a day and she will open her eyes and then go back to sleep. I will say I am traveling home (by car) for the holidays and will be bringing her with me. It is only a three hour car ride, and I have traveled with her before and she was completely fine. I am concerned about doing this given she is in brumation. Any advice would be great!
I also attached some pics of my pretty girl
IMG_2254.JPG
IMG_1959.JPG

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My 1 year old female beardie, Frankie, is currently brumating for the first time. This is my first beardie and I just want to make sure I am doing everything right or if I am doing too much. First, I live in central Texas and it has not gotten cold yet, cold being below 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
I noticed her activity and appetite decreasing the week before and she was also spending less time basking. She pooped on 12/5 and then on 12/7 she curled up in her hide and has been there since. I turned off both her heat lamp and her UV light. I also covered her tank with a blanket so sunlight doesn't come in, but I don't know if this is necessary. I check on her a few times a day and she will open her eyes and then go back to sleep. I will say I am traveling home (by car) for the holidays and will be bringing her with me. It is only a three hour car ride, and I have traveled with her before and she was completely fine. I am concerned about doing this given she is in brumation. Any advice would be great!
I also attached some pics of my pretty girl
View attachment 31086View attachment 31087
Not sure on this so I have asked someone who might be able to help you - I will get back w/ you when they respond -- in the meantime heres some info on brumation https://www.beardeddragon.org/resources/brumation-in-bearded-dragons.4/

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

francine&momma

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is what they said about traveling w/ her

She'll probably sleep as long as there is a comfortable/secure spot like a carrier. I doubt it will cause an issue to travel, especially if she's used to it.
Thank you so much! I woke up this morning and she was awake and active again. I am going to keep a close eye on her, but I think she will be okay traveling. She usually sleeps the whole time anyways. Thank you again and Happy Holidays

Latest posts