• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation Aftermath

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Some of y'all may know, all my dragons are OUT of brumation. Baby and Charlie woke up just last week (and Ace has been out for about a month). ANYWAY, we have some behavioral changes here, as well as a possible gender change!?

First up, Ace. He's always been sweet. Baby attacked him once (when they were young and living together), but he never fought back. He still doesn't fight back (recent attack incident - no injury though). But yesterday, he hissed at me. And apparently that wasn't the first time her hissed. Apparently a while back, he hissed my my sister. I couldn't believe that! Anyway, when he hissed yesterday, he didn't seem aggressive.... he let me pick him up.

Charlie. Same as before, head bobbing and all, but he seems to do it more. Maybe he senses Baby?? Because they cannot see each other (Charlie has background paper on the side).

Baby. Biggest change of all. Well, she did her first head bob just a few days ago. I think Charlie taught her that lol. Now every time she sees Charlie or Ace, she goes nuts and does the whole head bob business. Also a few days ago, I put Baby with Ace to have some worms (they usually ate together), and she attacked him. Nothing serious - I was able to pull her away. *sigh* I never thought their best friend streak would end! Now for the last little surprise (I think). I think Baby is a boy. Her 'underside' seems to have that boy feature. *Maybe*. I may be mistaken, but someone can tell me otherwise. I will post a pic later!

Well there is a little update.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's hard to judge gender on behaviors with beardies. I had a female that would get a jet black beard, rapidly head bob and was very dominant. If you could post a picture it would help heaps. the picture should have the dragon in this position

Sexing.jpg

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh yeah, in no way was I saying that females don't show that kind of behavior.

Anyway, she indeed is a girl. I was looking at the wrong side of the vent!

Latest posts