• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Broken toe

DangerNoodle

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon had been off her food and hiding for a couple of days and today I discovered she'd broken her toe. It's slightly bloody but not actively bleeding. I currently have her in a weak betadine bath and plan to do that over the long weekend. Do I need to take her to the vet on Tuesday? Or will it heal on its own? I'm getting conflicting messages through google

Attachments

• signal-2023-04-08-16-55-51-080.jpg
    signal-2023-04-08-16-55-51-080.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon had been off her food and hiding for a couple of days and today I discovered she'd broken her toe. It's slightly bloody but not actively bleeding. I currently have her in a weak betadine bath and plan to do that over the long weekend. Do I need to take her to the vet on Tuesday? Or will it heal on its own? I'm getting conflicting messages through google
Betadine is good please get some raw unfiltered honey on it to stop infection -- NO crickets in the tank please -- gonna get some more help on this -- https://www.beardeddragon.org/threads/honey-bacterias-worst-enemy.251259/