• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Broken heat bulb

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
Not really sure which discussion topic to put this in so I just put it in General bearded dragon discussion, but I have a question about my heat lamp I have attached a picture of a broken heat bulb it is a 50 watt thrive a heat bulb, it brakes at least two times a month for the last three months, when it breaks I just use my ceramic heat emitter until I can buy a new lamp. so my question is, should I buy a new dome because mine is defective? Should I switch heat light brands but keep the dome? am I doing something wrong that I need to fix? Any advice would be helpful.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not really sure which discussion topic to put this in so I just put it in General bearded dragon discussion, but I have a question about my heat lamp I have attached a picture of a broken heat bulb it is a 50 watt thrive a heat bulb, it brakes at least two times a month for the last three months, when it breaks I just use my ceramic heat emitter until I can buy a new lamp. so my question is, should I buy a new dome because mine is defective? Should I switch heat light brands but keep the dome? am I doing something wrong that I need to fix? Any advice would be helpful.
First are you using a reflective dome? Next I would change the brand of bulb your using / and get a new dome fixture- I use Flukers they seem to be pretty good - they have a ceramic socket - I am not sure of any ONE good brand of basking bulb - it just needs to be a bright white basking bulb -- some people can use regular house hold bulbs the old style NO LEDS -- if they can keep your basking temps to what they need to be you can use those -- right now I am using two different bulbs in my tanks --- I have a regular house hold bulb 60 watt over the middle of the tank for 90's temps it keeps middle of tank around 94 -- then I have the hot side which has Exo Terra bright white basking bulb 150 watt w/ a piece of decor that sits directly under it giving temps of 93-108-- the dragons can sit where they want the temp --- Blaze has been sitting under his UVB middle of tank a lot in the morning and then going over to the hot side in the afternoon -- Hiccup seems to be doing the same as well --

MybeardieMushu

Hatchling Dragon
First are you using a reflective dome? Next I would change the brand of bulb your using / and get a new dome fixture- I use Flukers they seem to be pretty good - they have a ceramic socket - I am not sure of any ONE good brand of basking bulb - it just needs to be a bright white basking bulb -- some people can use regular house hold bulbs the old style NO LEDS -- if they can keep your basking temps to what they need to be you can use those -- right now I am using two different bulbs in my tanks --- I have a regular house hold bulb 60 watt over the middle of the tank for 90's temps it keeps middle of tank around 94 -- then I have the hot side which has Exo Terra bright white basking bulb 150 watt w/ a piece of decor that sits directly under it giving temps of 93-108-- the dragons can sit where they want the temp --- Blaze has been sitting under his UVB middle of tank a lot in the morning and then going over to the hot side in the afternoon -- Hiccup seems to be doing the same as well --
Ok, thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No I’m not using a reflective dome
Ok I would get one then --- Thrive brands are very cheap -- I do not recommend them -- even my regular house hold bulb is in a reflective dome-- just make sure your using the correct wattage for the dome fixture

Latest posts