• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Broken glass side wall

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
20231118_122422.jpg
20231118_122435.jpg
20231118_123424.jpg

While cleaning the tank today, the door decided to slam closed and break. There were some tiny glass shards inside the tank on the carpet, which was immediately removed. I also cleaned it all down to ensure no other shards remained. The glass feels fairly smooth still, but I was worried that he could still be cut by the glass, so I covered the broken glass with a different carpet, and tied the wooden log to the suction cup to prevent it from falling on him. Does anyone know what I could do to prevent him getting cut that doesn't require buying a new tank (they are EXPENSIVE!). I wasn't sure if some sort of sealant would work, a silicone or something. I am open to any ideas or suggestions. If needed, I can even glue the carpet to the glass wall if needed. Thanks!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 34947View attachment 34948View attachment 34949

While cleaning the tank today, the door decided to slam closed and break. There were some tiny glass shards inside the tank on the carpet, which was immediately removed. I also cleaned it all down to ensure no other shards remained. The glass feels fairly smooth still, but I was worried that he could still be cut by the glass, so I covered the broken glass with a different carpet, and tied the wooden log to the suction cup to prevent it from falling on him. Does anyone know what I could do to prevent him getting cut that doesn't require buying a new tank (they are EXPENSIVE!). I wasn't sure if some sort of sealant would work, a silicone or something. I am open to any ideas or suggestions. If needed, I can even glue the carpet to the glass wall if needed. Thanks!
Let me get some help for you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let me get some help for you
Here is what he has suggested for you
As long as the structure is still sound, some clear packing tape over the broken glass should offer some protection against further damage and from rough edges. Wont look great but is cheap and should hold well enough.

Sam-E

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Here is what he has suggested for you
As long as the structure is still sound, some clear packing tape over the broken glass should offer some protection against further damage and from rough edges. Wont look great but is cheap and should hold well enough.
I had hoped that would work, but I wasn't sure if it was sufficient enough. Thanks!

Latest posts