• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

breeders please help

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Im not sure if this is the right place to post but figured you guys would know more about this.
I got this female a few weeks back nd she was severly undernurished and thin and small, over the past couple weeks she is on better food and her temps are good but her stomach has grown more than would be expected and its lumpy looking, I recently found out she was housed with a male dragon. is there any sure way to know if she has eggs before she lays and not just her getting chunky. when she walks now her stomach sweeps the ground. she is very small under 16". {she had loose skin 3 weeks ago so the gain has been quick and she isnt getting enormous amounts of food i wasnt trying to make her sick}

If she is too lay eggs what do I have to do we are not prepared for eggs or babies, no incubator and would prefer not to have babies , also this may sound stupid but im used to having boys do females ay eggs that arent fertile or do they only lay when they have mated? she is very squirmy when i pick her up the last few days and very restless clawing at the gass and trying to get under rocks very weird since she was quite dosile and quite since we got her.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is a good spot for your post. Here is a link to an article that Brian wrote. It goes into a lot of detail on what to do for the mom. As far as not wanting the eggs, you may freeze them.

Breeding Bearded Dragons

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like a gravid female. If she is very antsy she is close. Soon she will start to dig in a corner of Her tank. At that point take Her out and put her in a bin of warm damp sand. She will dig a whole to china then lay the eggs in the hole and cover. When she is done feed her whatever she wants and up her calcium intake for the next week. If you are not ready for the eggs freeze them.

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
thanks for the link.
What does freezing do does it kill the eggs ?

And I will go out to get some sand today and try putting her in there, she had sand {calci substrate } in her tank and has been digging lot lately but i hated the stuff and took it out yesterday and replaced it with newspaper until i can get the tiles we wanted.

Latest posts