• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Boy or girl

GIRL OR BOY

• Girl

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Boy

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
Honestly I can sex my dragons as early as a couple weeks old and if that dragon is 5 months I would say girl because the bumps are too small and low...with males you can see them if you shift the base of the tail side to side while holding the tail up. If clearly see the bumps it's a but if not it's a girl. That's the trick I use if the flash light method doesnt work well.
Ahhh I'm soo confused lol. Yea I think he/she is about 4 months. I do agree the lumps are really low. Could it be they just are small at the moment that's why they are low???

sqwkr

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ahhh I'm soo confused lol. Yea I think he/she is about 4 months. I do agree the lumps are really low. Could it be they just are small at the moment that's why they are low???
Could be but it's hard to tell through pictures. Do you have a local reptile store. Not a Petco or anything like that I mean a reptile only place. They could sex it for you.

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
C
Could be but it's hard to tell through pictures. Do you have a local reptile store. Not a Petco or anything like that I mean a reptile only place. They could sex it for you.
Can I send you another pic maybe I can get a better shot

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
20181022_193153.jpg

Attachments

• 20181022_193056.jpg
    20181022_193056.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
I vote for girl. For now unless her bumps move more to the outside. She is a tough one to tell!
She/he seriously is a hard case to crack. It's sort driving me nuts lol. I just wanna know already so I can call her by her name.

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
You have a female.. at that size the hemipenes would be very noticeable on the outer sides.
Really, you think so??? Yesterday I was at petco and I was able to sex a little boy's dragon. It was a Male, hes a year old. It was so easy, I definitely saw his two big bumps.I felt like a expert lol, they were pretty amazed. Yet here I am having trouble sexing my own dragon ‍♀️

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She is so confusing! I say girl but the black bearding throws me off. @Hdrydr31 we have another Bruce on our hands here!

Lily, we are in a group where someone has a dragon named Bruce and it took about a year for her to learn Bruce was a girl. We were all stumped!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She is so confusing! I say girl but the black bearding throws me off. @Hdrydr31 we have another Bruce on our hands here!

Lily, we are in a group where someone has a dragon named Bruce and it took about a year for her to learn Bruce was a girl. We were all stumped!

Yea I am a bit conflicted I still lean female BUT in the 1 pic there is a space between...sigh you may just have to keep a neutral name lol

OMG Bruce sigh LOL

Lily_G

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks ya'll. I'm definitely stumped lol. Oh well, we just have to wait and see :/

Jeffrey Turnage

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I would not worry too much about the sex of your beardy unless you are planning on breading. I have had Diego for 4 years and thought she was male. Lol wouldn't chang the name. Just enjoy he/she.