• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Boy oh Boy!

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all!

I just wanted to apologize for the long absence! Between moving into our new place and settleling in, it's been such a busy year! Rami is doing well, and so so big. He will be one year in June! I'm so proud of him, he's done so well with me and the move and the new place, new dog, new everything [emoji23].

I took him out for a shopping spree the other day and everyone couldn't believe me when I said he wasn't a year old, everyone said he was too big to be so young. Well, unless someone broke in a switched my lizard for someone else's. He's not a year old yet. Now considering he's not an adult, he has really slowed down eating, and this is my concern. He was a much more aggressive feeder, I soon as I put his bugs in he would throw himself off his hammock and dig in.

Now the superworms crawl out of the bowl, the hide all in his tank and he could care less. He's been on supers for a few months now as a staple, could it be that he's just tired of them? Same thing for his salad - he's been on collard, turnip greens, and mustard greens since I've gotten him. He doesn't seem to touch much of anything lately.

Do they go through this?

Here are some updated pics of my boy [emoji177]

a64c76ca2a56464110fdd0045dafb3f8.jpg
c690084e4763807d91ca119d1b8bf05e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Javier

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello all!

I just wanted to apologize for the long absence! Between moving into our new place and settleling in, it's been such a busy year! Rami is doing well, and so so big. He will be one year in June! I'm so proud of him, he's done so well with me and the move and the new place, new dog, new everything [emoji23].

I took him out for a shopping spree the other day and everyone couldn't believe me when I said he wasn't a year old, everyone said he was too big to be so young. Well, unless someone broke in a switched my lizard for someone else's. He's not a year old yet. Now considering he's not an adult, he has really slowed down eating, and this is my concern. He was a much more aggressive feeder, I soon as I put his bugs in he would throw himself off his hammock and dig in.

Now the superworms crawl out of the bowl, the hide all in his tank and he could care less. He's been on supers for a few months now as a staple, could it be that he's just tired of them? Same thing for his salad - he's been on collard, turnip greens, and mustard greens since I've gotten him. He doesn't seem to touch much of anything lately.

Do they go through this?

Here are some updated pics of my boy [emoji177]

a64c76ca2a56464110fdd0045dafb3f8.jpg
c690084e4763807d91ca119d1b8bf05e.jpg

These should have attached too [emoji28]
d8e1f3e01743320b1436bbe99de45f2f.jpg
00184009ced10ac668d6862675d783a9.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
looking really good..they really can be picky at times.. My female will eat like crazy then go off all food (like right now) so unless he's loosing weight I would just keep offering things maybe he's bored..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They can get picky but as they get older they also don't want to eat as much. Don't let supers stay in his tank hiding. If he doesn't eat them, take them out. Given his size, I would actually feed him bugs every other day but keep the salad every day.

Supers are very high in fat and shouldn't be used as a staple. I know in the past we were all on the super bandwagon and said they are a great everyday feeder but we are now hearing from vets that that is not true. They get fat fast eating too many supers (I know all too well) and gaining weight that fast can be hard on the liver and kidneys. Try feeding some other bugs, dubia are real good, silkworms, BSFL, hornworms, even crickets are making a comeback.

Lel

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi... I have had my bearded dragon, Peanut, for around 10-11 months (Im actually not sure) and I was wondering how much crickets does a bearded dragon need to have. (like in a week/day)
My bearded dragon eats more vegetables than crickets and I've just been worried because my house is a very busy house so we rarely get crickets/mealworms for her to eat. :( I always try to get as many crickets so I could feed her. Surprisingly she never gets bored or not interested of her vegetables... Im just wondering about it (even though the topic is not quite the same.)

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My male is the same age as yours and going through exactly the same thing. Wont touch dubias or superworms right now, but he isnt losing weight too badly and looks healthy like yours. I just keep offering food as usual, now the weather is warming up I am hoping his metabolism will speed up a bit and he will start eating properly again. He is hitting adulthood soon, so I presume it is down to hormonal changes and that he no longer needs as much protien.

Latest posts