• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bought a Hammock!

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So I recently ordered a hammock on amazon! I recieved it yesterday; so the first hour of it in my beardie's tank, she would not stop stareing at it.
Second hour she tried to take a bite out of it (probably cause its green) and immidetly noticed it's not food.
Fourth Hour, I left for an hour, she was sitting on it basking with her mouth open and happy as ever :D

Great bought!! And sticks great!
Will upload pics!

Pat B

Super Moderator
I, too, bought a hammock from Amazon and Spike likes to go underneath it!! I will put him on top but I don't think he knows what to do....just lay there and enjoy!! So he gets himself down and goes back under it....silly beardie....:confused:

Pat B

Super Moderator
Do you have your hammock up high where he has to climb into it? Right now....mine is about 2-3 inches off the ground. Maybe if I put the hammock high in his basking area....maybe he would use it??

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Would likely be better to have it closer to the basking spot where the temps would be warmer. Makes no sense to put something that you want it to use in a position where it won`t receive proper heat & UVB coverage. Generally better to be higher, if you want it to bask on it, it has to be where the basking temps & UVB are, common sense. Setting things up so they have to climb to where they want to be, gives them some exercise.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Would likely be better to have it closer to the basking spot where the temps would be warmer. Makes no sense to put something that you want it to use in a position where it won`t receive proper heat & UVB coverage. Generally better to be higher, if you want it to bask on it, it has to be where the basking temps & UVB are, common sense. Setting things up so they have to climb to where they want to be, gives them some exercise.
OK....thanks Germ....will rearrange viv tomorrow. Does a beardie adapt to changing their viv around?? adding stuff? taking stuff out?? etc etc etc :confused:

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Minor changes are ok providing they aren't continually changing. Major rearrangements &\or additions\removals is very similar to rehoming them & there may be an acclimation period. At times moving things to be more effective is necessary.

Michael Clatworthy

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I recently ordered a hammock on amazon! I recieved it yesterday; so the first hour of it in my beardie's tank, she would not stop stareing at it.
Second hour she tried to take a bite out of it (probably cause its green) and immidetly noticed it's not food.
Fourth Hour, I left for an hour, she was sitting on it basking with her mouth open and happy as ever :D

Great bought!! And sticks great!
Will upload pics!
Your dragons will love them..All of mine spend time on it during the day and then sleep under it at night.

Attachments

• 598708_247561715356871_337935240_n.jpg
    598708_247561715356871_337935240_n.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts