• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

bored dragon???

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
For the past few days Princess has been pacing the doors and rubbing her nose on the glass.... She hasn't been very interested in food either. Anyone know why she is doing this? Or is she just throwing a tantrum because she wants to be out and about? She reminds me of a dog in a cage digging to get out

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Has anything changed in the setup recently? Whats the temps in the tank Cool side hot side and basking? Normally glass dancing and lack of appetite put together mean there is something off with the housing. Could be too hot or too cold or there was a big change recently and the animal is stressed due to this change.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It could be a number of things. I'm curious what your temps are. When was her last poop?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
temps on cool side 85f temp on hot side 96.7 and 99.9 on basking rock. I started feeding her in a feeding bin when we moved her into her new setup but that's really been the only change. She seems to want to run all over the house when we have her out. Her last poop was yesterday afternoon. She's still eating but not as much as she was. She did clear her greens yesterday tho. Another question.. I put blacklights up recently in the room where princess is do blacklights mess with their sleep?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes. Any lighting will affect sleep. None is the best. I tend to place a towel over one that is in the same room as my pc, so I can post and read, while it is after lights time.
Janie.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just like we like complete darkness to sleep, so do bearded dragons. It is hard to say if this is the reason behind her pacing, but I would definitely stop using them.

How long has it been since she has been in her new setup? It can take a couple days to a couple of weeks for Princess to become comfortable.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She went into her new home on 7/19. She's been fine up until the past few days.... Is it possible she's just throwing a fit because she wants to be out?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Honestly, anything is possible when it comes to these guys. Each dragon is different. If she enjoys being out, then anything is possible. I don't believe that there is anything scientific out there to support your theory.

The key to these guy's health is eating and pooping. As long as she continues to eat and her poops look and smell fine, it may just be her thing.

I'd also kill the black light. It's not needed. Save the energy.

Have you ever taken her to a herp vet? It's not a bad idea to take them annually, just as you would a dog or cat.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well I figured out why Princess was going crazy... More eggs...... I noticed she was acting like she does when she's ready to lay but I couldn't see or feel any eggs so I didn't think anything of it.... I just went to pull her out and she's laying.. That explains her crazy behavior and her lack of appetite.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
25 is the official count..... How many times will she lay?? This is the third time.. Most of these last eggs didn't look any good.Only about 7 of them looked ok.. All went in freezer tho.

Latest posts