• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bonding

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
today after I fed Misty I was holding her, petting her, and just trying to get her used to me some more. She shedded the past couple days so i took her into the bathroom and drew a warm bath and set her in the water, she dipped her head into the water and drank some. she the took a poop and was ready to come out... so i picked her up out of the bath, made sure the crap went down the drain. took her back into the living room, sat on my couch, petted her, and just letting her know im not going to hurt her, that im here for her... she then tried to run off, so i thankfully caught her and put her back in her tank. she gladly jumped back into her tank. i think shes getting there... any other bonding stories?

Nick

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie started opening her mouth whenever I go by the tank - signaling that she wants water. She leaves her mouth open until I pour a little water in her mouth. So cute and awesome

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
When I hold my Beardie, he licks my hand repeatedly then runs to my shoulder. :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339153477.270872.jpg

He got sand on me

Pat B

Super Moderator
My personal opinion....it takes patience and time for a beardie to get used to you. A long time....I have had my Spike for a little over two months and he just barely starting to trust me....I think. When I take him out of his viv every couple of days, he skitterers once he realizes he isn't 'home'. To me....this is the nature of the beast. Beardies are wild and we want them to be tamed and nice and do things we want them to do. I don't know if this is possible with Spike....he is weird but still young. Hopefully when he reaches adult age he will be lazy and I will be able to take him out more....Just my own thoughts....Pat B

Pat B

Super Moderator
If my little boy did that....I would have to take him to the vet for surely he would be sick....so I am hoping over time and with patience he won't be such a 'fraidy cat'....lol.

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
Lucky ;).I can't bathe mine, the bathroom is too far from his viv and he'd never let me hold him for that long. :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
So who is the boss? My beardie squirms when I pick him up but I just let him squirm and he gets over it. Sounds like you have an alpha dragon....:D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie's bonded with me when I rescued her. I went to her old owners house and I paid 40 for her. The owner gave her to me and she looked at me, then went to my shoulder, sat there, watching everything. The old owner went to grab her and she clung to me. Wouldn't let go! I was the only one who was able to grab her and put her into her temporary house. I took her home, noticing more than I should with her home. Anyway, we bonded like the best of friends. She always runs to me. Eats from my hand and kisses me all the time. She smiles a huge smile. Oh and another thing, she loves to go out on trips.

Pat B

Super Moderator
That is so awesome. You were a good person to take the beardie home with you. I am hoping that someday the little Spike will do the same thing. He just went through a shed which I wasn't aware of....no signs....so hopefully he will start being nicer!! lol!!

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
That's nice adopting BDs;) I'd love to adopt Beardies but I don't have any more vivs or equipment. :) it's great that you both bonded so quickly.
:)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. :) I got her repti-hammock today along with her new UVB light which is a reptisun 10.0 and put two of her 'toys' into the tank. One on the hammock and a rubber ducky on the cool side. She's still trying to figure out the hammock though.

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
ever since i gave misty her bath and held her for a bit she is less likely to run if i try to pet her, still freaks a bit when i pick her up and tries to squirm out of my hand, but calms down quickly.

Pat B

Super Moderator
After I give Spike a bath I wrap him in a small soft washcloth. He doesn't squirm....I think he likes it. I always try to pick him up from the front so he sees me coming :rolleyes:. Most of the time he will squirm but I just hold him firmly to let him know I am the 'boss'. No 'alpha' beardies in my house!! :cool: He just finished a huge shed on his tail so I hope now he won't be so grouchy....

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Whenever I wrap Allie in a blanket or dry towel, she'll wiggle her way out of it and that's end of cuddle time.

NerJaro

Juvenile Dragon
After I give Spike a bath I wrap him in a small soft washcloth. He doesn't squirm....I think he likes it. I always try to pick him up from the front so he sees me coming :rolleyes:. Most of the time he will squirm but I just hold him firmly to let him know I am the 'boss'. No 'alpha' beardies in my house!! :cool: He just finished a huge shed on his tail so I hope now he won't be so grouchy....

im with you on the no alpha beardies. :) i will have to get my sisters camera to take a pic of Misty, her spikes on her side and around her neck are getting more pronounced

Latest posts