• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bloodline thing is getting a tad out of hand

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok i know that you may be proud of the bloodlines you are working with or whats in your dragons background but to list a dragons morph out like this is a tad over the top dont ya think?

Purple patch Translucent/Lavender Cawley Red/SandFire/OGG X Tangerine/Orange Citrus/Crimson red/Chris Allen red/ Cawley red/Pastel Hypo. Red/Red Sandfire Male

and this

Chris Red/OGG/Sandfire Blood X Tangerine/Orange Citrus/Crimson red/Chris Allen redCawley red/Pastel Hypo Red/Red Sandfire Male

Ok i get it its a red dragon GEEZ lol

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
funny you should post this.
I was thinking what the hell am I gonna do when my breeding lines get like that...lol
K.I.S.S. is gonna get tough to keep to.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
my question is whether or not those bloodlines can be verified.
they may own the trans........Cawley red......maybe right on top of them........
but I wanna know who has that OGG 6 out of 5 of those talk about.

Dragons are getting like dogs. Snickerdoodle used to be a cookie ya know.......now it's a dog (actually that's labradoodle but you get the point). They got tired of making the real thing and decided to make mutts and give them fancy titles. Same dif.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
my question is whether or not those bloodlines can be verified.
they may own the trans........Cawley red......maybe right on top of them........
but I wanna know who has that OGG 6 out of 5 of those talk about.

Dragons are getting like dogs. Snickerdoodle used to be a cookie ya know.......now it's a dog (actually that's labradoodle but you get the point). They got tired of making the real thing and decided to make mutts and give them fancy titles. Same dif.

that was kind of my point. Can you verify that that animal has all that in its bloodline? Probably not. I know the breeder pretty well and have always been fascinated at the way he depicts his bloodline. Honestly all it is is a way to make the potential buy say "wow look at this one its a blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahbla, that other one we were looking at was 50 more and all it was was a blah"

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
and PS what the hell is a purple patch translucent? There are only 2 breeders i have heard of working with a purple/lavender bloodline translucent and the breeder thats bloodline is quoted on here is far from being one of them lol.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it's just fluff on the cake brian. A new way to describe/define a hypomelanistic trait.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
figured it was BS. Whats even funnier is those actual purple trans end up being grey as adults. thats why the breeder breeding them sells them early (4 weeks) and for ungodly amounts of money. Past 6 months you wont see em lol. Oh well. Just felt i should post my gripe. Ill hush now lol.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
some of this is a hand over fist thing. Monkey see, monkey do. In order to be competitive..........you gotta go with a certian flow. Not seeking to retire or pay your mortgage gives you a little more room to be not so much stiffled by the rest and forging all that "background" I'd hold you to.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Citrus is a color marker that female was yellow/orange which equals citrus and the tiger striping for dr. evil proved out with that clutch because of the pattern that each offspring showed. And dr. evil supposedly came from a german giant line though i may not use that any longer as it is not something i can prove any longer after doing some more research into his original breeder. But i called that female a citrus tiger gg because she was yellow/orange carried tiger striping pattern and was the offspring of a male i was told was gg.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I did not use the mothers lineage in the posting because patternless blood is her color. She is a brick red dragon. Since the female did not come out as a red dragon i did not use it in her description.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
her brother i listed as a Blood Tiger GG cause he came out red with tiger striping

Evil may have GG in him, he is a large dragon, but the thing is that it cant be proven. When i researched the original breeder it turned out he never actually worked with a true german giant bloodline so.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
when they say possible het for XXX that means that that dragons offspring carried the trait visually. so it is possible that this dragon carries it in their genes though did not show it visually.
Hypo Trans Leather Silk these are all genetic traits
terms like citrus blood orangeglow cawley red blah blah blah are all color traits not genetic.

Latest posts