• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blood in poop

Paula_c

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have noticed that there were little red specks of blood. The last couple of days, it has been more though. He eats dubia roaches, collard greens, and kale. What could it be?

Today
1E64B38F-0487-472B-8706-5161FCAB66E8.jpeg

Yesterday
DA446574-184D-4D42-86DF-A0B32B5391D6.jpeg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How old is your beardie ? Has he had crickets ever? They can carry parasites , its very weird the blood is at the end both times of his pooping

Paula_c

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How old is your beardie ? Has he had crickets ever? They can carry parasites , its very weird the blood is at the end both times of his pooping
He’s almost a year old. I have never fed him crickets.

Paula_c

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you for the advice. He usually poops around the same time. So I should be able to bring a fresh poo sample. I hope everything goes well.

Paula_c

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Try and bring a fresh poo sample with you they’ll test it and give u the proper meds and advice
Poop sample just came back and he’s clear. There’s still blood in his poop. No idea what it could be. It’s not as much as it was a few days ago. But I can tell there’s still blood after he poops. I will be doing more research tonight.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Poop sample just came back and he’s clear. There’s still blood in his poop. No idea what it could be. It’s not as much as it was a few days ago. But I can tell there’s still blood after he poops. I will be doing more research tonight.
Good. As long as the dragon gets all the right treatment he will be fine

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Really negative? Thats odd, and the vet was an exotic vet? Could it be possible that ur beardie ate something and it cut him?

Latest posts