• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Blood in beardies poop

Lizardry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone, it pains me to talk about this with you all because I am afraid of the possible issues surrounding my dragon. She is around 2 years old and just recently she started pooping with dark shades of blood and a white urate. She hadn’t pooped in a while until today and that’s when I noticed it was red. She proceeded to poop 2 more times except it was just all blood. I’ve researched and have come to a few different conclusions. Is there anything I can do for her at home until I get her to a proper vet. Her enclosure is - 120 gallon and 100 watt bulb with a long uvb bulb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey everyone, it pains me to talk about this with you all because I am afraid of the possible issues surrounding my dragon. She is around 2 years old and just recently she started pooping with dark shades of blood and a white urate. She hadn’t pooped in a while until today and that’s when I noticed it was red. She proceeded to poop 2 more times except it was just all blood. I’ve researched and have come to a few different conclusions. Is there anything I can do for her at home until I get her to a proper vet. Her enclosure is - 120 gallon and 100 watt bulb with a long uvb bulb
First what are you feeding? How old is the UVB and how far is the distance from her basking decor piece? It should be inside the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece - how are you taking surface basking temps? NO stick ons and they should be 95-100-- has she ever laid eggs before?

Latest posts