• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

blindness

tortoise87

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello I have resently bought 2 new bear dies from Petco I felt really bad for the one we named little foot because it was so emaciated I realized very quickly that he might be blind. He has really no balance he can't find the greens bowl I rub greens or baby roaches on his nose he doesn't take them he doesn't try to drink out of any water bowl or even when I give him a bath. I have to force fees which is kinda scary because I don't want to freak him out. He falls off his log and when he walks he steps very high he licks at the air as well. My others usually lick at the logs or my clothes etc. Has anyone had this problem he goes to vet on the 2nd but just don't want to stress him by having to force feed any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How long have you had them? Are they housed together? What size enclosure? Post Pics, please of BDs & enclosure/s. How many BDs do you have?

tortoise87

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG_20130327_193840.jpg
IMG_20130322_193409.jpg
IMG_20130327_193903.jpg

I'm hoping I uploaded correctly so you can see the one of just him was the way he looked the day we got him and the one of him on the bottom of the log is today he's put on a little weight from last week but not much

tortoise87

Bearded Dragon Egg
I also have one other beardie who is a juvenile and she is housed by herself she is doing exelent I work with monature and she has helped extremely.

tortoise87

Bearded Dragon Egg
Wow I knew they were dominate but everything before this said I should be OK defiantly getting them separated asap thanks I still think he is going to be blind from when I have him in my hands how he acts will find out on 2nd from the vet. I always planned on having them separate was just waiting on a friend to sell me his 40 gallon breeder to put him in. Thanks again for all the help.

Latest posts