• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black spot on newly purchased beardie

L4beard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello All!
I am a newbie Beardie owner. I just purchased this little guy this weekend and just noticed a black spot on his side. I’m just wondering what it is and if I should be concerned about it. It has not moved since we brought him home. I did not notice it until today but looking back on the pictures it was on him since the day we brought him home 2 days ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are hoping it is not mites!
Thanks!

Attachments

• 556DAF3E-76C8-40CB-9CFB-9105CC17C339.jpeg
    556DAF3E-76C8-40CB-9CFB-9105CC17C339.jpeg
    518.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 769B1F65-CDFC-4CD5-A0FB-F8885DB52059.jpeg
    769B1F65-CDFC-4CD5-A0FB-F8885DB52059.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 258D83E7-BE52-4BA0-88FA-4630C9F90B18.jpeg
    258D83E7-BE52-4BA0-88FA-4630C9F90B18.jpeg
    484.1 KB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello All!
I am a newbie Beardie owner. I just purchased this little guy this weekend and just noticed a black spot on his side. I’m just wondering what it is and if I should be concerned about it. It has not moved since we brought him home. I did not notice it until today but looking back on the pictures it was on him since the day we brought him home 2 days ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are hoping it is not mites!
Thanks!
I've got some one looking at it I will post what she thinks it is

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've got some one looking at it I will post what she thinks it is
This is what she said about the spot

That's too small to say that it's anything of concern. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it grew larger then it would be worth keeping an eye on, other than that it's nothing to worry about. Sort of like people with very small freckles or moles.

L4beard

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is what she said about the spot

That's too small to say that it's anything of concern. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it grew larger then it would be worth keeping an eye on, other than that it's nothing to worry about. Sort of like people with very small freckles or moles.
Well that’s a relief! I was terrified I had mites because it looks like something burrowed under its scale. Thank you so much for your effort in getting this answered. I really do appreciate it greatly.

Latest posts