• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
I have a question about my bearded dragons beard. I know they change colors when experiencing different emotions but I have some concerns. My bearded dragon, spicy buffalo, is two years old. I have noticed that he has two scales on his beard that are consistently black. He seems very happy and healthy, eats regularly, goes outside his cage everyday, and seems to trust me. I didn’t notice these scales until recently. Idk if it’s just his beard pattern coming in or if I should be concerned? It’s worthy to note that I first noticed this a bit ago but he hadn’t seemed to change at all since this happened. I thought it might just be gunk or something but I gave him a bath and it didn’t come off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EC4FDA9D-1584-45A7-856E-524F34A339F1.jpeg
    EC4FDA9D-1584-45A7-856E-524F34A339F1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Some dirt may have gotten under it, but most likely its a “mole scale” it gets lighter once they shed, it’ll end up going away after a couple sheds, if u look at mines beard and belly u can some dark scales, it’s completely normal as long as it doesn’t start spreading to a bunch of scales.
CF3000C4-6581-424D-8DE8-889B4FCAFE61.jpeg

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
THANK YOU SO MUCH! i was so nervous, i just want my beardie to be as happy and healthy as possible. I will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t spread but thank you so much.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
THANK YOU SO MUCH! i was so nervous, i just want my beardie to be as happy and healthy as possible. I will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t spread but thank you so much.
If it does spread (which it wont) but incase it does, theres a product called betadine, its used in the herp community for tail/scale rot, dilute it in a ratio of water of 1 part betadine to 4 parts water, it can be applied up to 3 times a day.

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
If it does spread (which it wont) but incase it does, theres a product called betadine, its used in the herp community for tail/scale rot, dilute it in a ratio of water of 1 part betadine to 4 parts water, it can be applied up to 3 times a day.
i will definitely look into that if it spreads. Once again thank you very much

Latest posts