• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black scales on beard

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys. I know I haven’t been terribly active for a while. Work has been hectic and will only get worse as I near the holiday season. Anyway Chichi saw the vet recently and got a full check up and an x Ray. She had a black scale on her beard but I asked the vet about it and she said it wasn’t concerning. Now it’s two black scales and I’m concerned. Her basking area usually sits around 98, her cool side is around 80-85 and her uvb is maybe three months old, four tops. I’m concerned it could be a fungus. Every other part of her checkup was perfect. Perfect bones, no parasites. Maybe I’m worried over nothing but I’d rather have a second opinion

Edit: it might be worth mentioning that she’s been running like mad around her viv. Pretty much until she tires herself out. She doesn’t have stress marks while she does it. She just runs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864.9 KB · Views: 92

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's really hard to tell from the pictures. Looks like it might just be a damaged scale or part of the black on her beard just showing through. Is the vet an exotic vet?

Latest posts