• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black scale?

Soph

Hatchling Dragon
My male Bearded Dragon Norbert has one black scale on his beard. He's had it since we got him (beginning of September), it doesn't seem to bother him, and it's only on one scale, does anyone have any ideas on why it could be black?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Do you have a picture? I would think just like they are different colors that it is possible to have one black scale but maybe it's also a piece of retained shed skin. You could take a very soft baby toothbrush and brush it while he's in a bath and see if it comes off.

Soph

Hatchling Dragon
I'll try and get a picture sometime, I tried getting a picture before but he started head bobbing lol. I've been trying with the toothbrush but no skin has come off so not sure if it is that.

Latest posts