• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black malformed scales - help!

rites01

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all - I just wanted to say thanks for having me. I've been a lurker here for some time, and am now posting out of concern for my little dude, Joe.

Just this morning, I noticed the scales that you can see in the attached picture. I had noticed about a week before that the same scales has become transparent. His behaviour is basically normal, other than a bit of heightened energy - I guess because of springtime. We got him last year from his previous owner, who said he was 2 years old at the time.

What's up with this? Is he ok? Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20220214_141911.jpg
    20220214_141911.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220214_141914.jpg
    20220214_141914.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all - I just wanted to say thanks for having me. I've been a lurker here for some time, and am now posting out of concern for my little dude, Joe.

Just this morning, I noticed the scales that you can see in the attached picture. I had noticed about a week before that the same scales has become transparent. His behaviour is basically normal, other than a bit of heightened energy - I guess because of springtime. We got him last year from his previous owner, who said he was 2 years old at the time.

What's up with this? Is he ok? Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Thanks in advance!
The scales are fine -

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's reassuring - thank you! What do you think is causing this damage? Do you think it's just a scrape that he picked up along the way?
Normal wear and tear-

Latest posts