• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black Eyes

clemsonguy1125

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Im about to order my first bearded dragon, a 17inch male. I found a breeder who seems seems to be knowledgable and helpful. This dragon once had black eyes, what is this a trait of, is it a specific morph typically, or is it just a random think, Ive been assured that this is not a health thing, just a appearance thing, but was wondering if their was any pattern to what morphs it appeared on.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If memory serves me correctly the ones with black eyes are called Hypos......................
Are the toe nails clear?

Someone correct if im wrong please

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on your 1st dragon. Translucent dragons have black eyes & sometimes will fade. Common genetic traits of translucent dragons are black eyes & no white melanin/pigment giving them a gummy, translucent appearance & will often have blue bellies as babies.

Latest posts