• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

black body?

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well we have digital thermometer in the viv and the infared gun is used daily i would assume its accurate i cant say for sure i guess we can test it but its at work now with doug but the way it works is just piont at the object you want to test and press the button its basically that same as a probe i think well anyway the basking spot is about 6in away from his heat light the lights are on a time come on at 6:30am and turn off at 8:00PM the bulb is a basking bulb 150W we will try to play with the temps i got the cool side up to about 82 right now its climbing slowly

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And he's acting fine....let's keep a close eye on him and see if it is related to all the stress he has been through. As long as he is eating and pooping, it may be a mood thing.....

I don't want to overguess it. The vet was doing tests on him, right? either fecal or blood.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
if he is darkening while on his basking site he is trying to absorb more heat. is his color slowly lightening up the longer he is on his basking site then he moves to cool side?

brian
cryptic dragons

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello again. Another thought (in addition to the vet test ques.), your reptisun 10.0 is a tube and not a coil, right?

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
im thinking it was heat related i tested te "gun" with some icewater it gave the right temp so i can only assume now its accurate it still read 112 on his basking log so i thought maybe he wants more and its just a personal feel so i moved his log up abit closer to the lamp and he seems to like it this morning he was a bit black he showed me his beard like twice today i ignored him later gave him a nice bath and saw later that he finally pooped after about 2 days maybe a bit less than that he ate good today and now he is being an acrobat oh and his color seems to be a consistant light color just like normal thank for all the advice i do now think it was a temp/mood thing im thinking he was saying "hey im mad at you i want it hotter" well his log now reads 115 and he seems happy

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear it. Yeah, showing his beard is a display of dominance. Sounds like you have quite a character on your hands. :D

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh yeah he is something else bobbin and flaring and all that someday he will realize im the one with his food haha hes a cutie though i love him to death but anyway although he is back to his normal color there is on his back what looks to be shedding now i have never seen it before but the small spikes on his back kind of look like there is lose skin on top of it so i think he may be shedding soon im sure we will find out in a bit

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It makes sense. They need to absorb UVB to help with the process. It's very itchy for them. That's why baths during shedding are important.

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
chiming in a bit late here, but it does sound like he needed the temp to be a bit warmer to assist with his shedding process. glad, he seems to be doing better.

the thermometers that they sell us for reasonable prices are close, but i don't think they are 100% accurate. so, i think it is good that you upped his temps. each beardie has their own preferences!

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have been in on this one for a bit. I was thinking today that maybe your beardies also tend toward the darker side of the specturm. I have 2 in my current clutch that are just darker than their clutch mates, but in your situation Im sticking to my gut and going with temps...lol

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well color wise he still goes black but he eats and poops and lets us hold him and bathes just find we took him outside friday so he can take in some sun he just ran around all over ha started bobbin at us when we went to put him back in his viv but he just started watching tv haha (tv is right infront of tank(he really does like CSI) i think its a mood thing we did raise the temps finally got it up to hot side 117 and warm side 84 its been holding that temp all weekend so he just likes it hotter than others i guess i like it colder than most so i guess it depends on the dragon

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im so glad that bubba is doing well i know it was kinda sketchy for you there at first. glad he has a great "SLAVE" LOL

brian
cryptic dragons