• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Biting

Shelly Montelione

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my 1yr old female has recently started biting and I'm not sure why. We've had her since she was about 3 months old and hold her almost every day. Is it an age thing? Like kids going thru puberty or do i need to be doing something extra with her?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
when is she biting? when you pick her up? when you put your hand in her tank? after eating?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hmmm - my first thought was that something scared her and now she doesn't want to leave the safety of home. do you pick her up by sliding your hand under her belly? (that's the best way) I think I would recommend starting with her as if she were new to y'all. slide your hand under her belly - and keep it there for a minute or so. dont pick her up. don't take her out of the viv. do this several times a day for a few days. depending on how she responds : pick her up IN THE VIV and hold her there for a bit. several times a day for a few days. depending on how she responds: pick her up slowly, hold her in her viv for a few seconds - take her of the viv for JUST A BIT - then put her back in. several times a day for a few days. increase time out of viv slowly. lets see if that gets her back on track. I might also recommend that only one person be involved in doing this - we are trying to re-establish trust (assuming that trust has been lost) and too many people may confuse and further scare her. let us know how she does - ok ?

Latest posts