• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Birth defect

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
I got a baby bearded dragon not to long after MJ passed away I got him from spice dragons for 60$ which was just shipping I got my baby beau for free because of his defect if anyone has any information on how I could help him get stronger and better or really anything please let me know. This picture is when I very first got him I'll post more

Attachments

• IMG_20150218_154033.jpg
    IMG_20150218_154033.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he's a cutie !! my apologies - what is the defect ?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He looks good to me I'm with Canicke what's the defect? am I missing something?

maryjane

Hatchling Dragon
All 4 of his legs don't work properly, I just put him in a new tank today it's smaller then my last one but this one is nicer his beard is black and gets stress marks on his belly when I get him out

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is him right now

Ah now I see...so can he use them better when not on slick surfaces? They are pretty adaptable. I have little to no solid knowledge on birth defects and deficiencies but I'm sure others will chime in on it. What are you feeding? Is he able to catch his food? what supplements do you give?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I didn't see the defect at first either. I would make sure that your UVB is strong and that you are dusting his crickets with calcium and a multivitamin once a week. Make sure that he doesn't climb real high so he doesn't fall and hurt himself. Maybe even give him time out of his tank to run around and build up his muscles. I'm sure that he's probably learned by now to adapt to his disability.

He's real cute...what's his name?

Latest posts