• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Big stress marks on little beardie

juleses

Bearded Dragon Egg
Helloooo. I’ve posted about my little guy in here a couple times since I got him and everything y’all have had to say has helped. He’s pooped, he eats and drinks, and he basks fine. About 10 minutes ago though we found a stink bug on top of his tank and we got rid of it and now he has the darkest stress marks I’ve ever seen on him, ever. The stink bug was making noises on the mesh, we could hear it up there, but my little guy spotted it and ran to stand right under it to watch it. It could be because I’ve had a really rough week between a car accident and getting sick but since he’s my first and every slightly unusual thing worries me. We were gonna take him out for a bath but I don’t know if that’s a good thing to do when he seems so stressed. He also took a big poop just now so idk if that contributes to the stress marks . He’s about to start shedding too which is why I’m really eager to bathe him. When my babies are stressed I get stressed, which probably stresses them out more but anyway…I’m worried about him.

Attachments

• D7541503-207D-4120-9468-1CE17D85D60D.jpeg
    D7541503-207D-4120-9468-1CE17D85D60D.jpeg
    1,002 KB · Views: 18
  • DC05A7C9-345A-41DC-8082-DD8866456795.jpeg
    DC05A7C9-345A-41DC-8082-DD8866456795.jpeg
    935.5 KB · Views: 18

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Helloooo. I’ve posted about my little guy in here a couple times since I got him and everything y’all have had to say has helped. He’s pooped, he eats and drinks, and he basks fine. About 10 minutes ago though we found a stink bug on top of his tank and we got rid of it and now he has the darkest stress marks I’ve ever seen on him, ever. The stink bug was making noises on the mesh, we could hear it up there, but my little guy spotted it and ran to stand right under it to watch it. It could be because I’ve had a really rough week between a car accident and getting sick but since he’s my first and every slightly unusual thing worries me. We were gonna take him out for a bath but I don’t know if that’s a good thing to do when he seems so stressed. He also took a big poop just now so idk if that contributes to the stress marks . He’s about to start shedding too which is why I’m really eager to bathe him. When my babies are stressed I get stressed, which probably stresses them out more but anyway…I’m worried about him.
The stink bug probably got him upset --- give him a few days to calm down -- if your stressed hes picking up on it -- please relax shed will cause crabiness can effect appetite -- no baths for now --- are you rinsing his salads and is he eating them? Hes lighting should be up to par thats gonna help him

juleses

Bearded Dragon Egg
The stink bug probably got him upset --- give him a few days to calm down -- if your stressed hes picking up on it -- please relax shed will cause crabiness can effect appetite -- no baths for now --- are you rinsing his salads and is he eating them? Hes lighting should be up to par thats gonna help him
I am rinsing his salads and he does eat them. He’s really into kale. His lights are correct as are his temps, I had gotten new ones a couple weeks ago after I posted another thread. Usually he’s asleep by now but at the moment he’s pretty awake, it’s been a few hours but I think he’s still spooked. He’s a little overdue on his bath and I was really hoping to get him one since he’s starting his shed but I’d rather him calm down from this whole thing first.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am rinsing his salads and he does eat them. He’s really into kale. His lights are correct as are his temps, I had gotten new ones a couple weeks ago after I posted another thread. Usually he’s asleep by now but at the moment he’s pretty awake, it’s been a few hours but I think he’s still spooked. He’s a little overdue on his bath and I was really hoping to get him one since he’s starting his shed but I’d rather him calm down from this whole thing first.
He will be fine unless his shed is crackly and dry he will be fine- you can spray him in the tank and use a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush him it will loosen the shed

Latest posts