• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Big Improvements - Repashy?

HerdOfTortoi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Before I tell my story, I must state I am just giving my observations, and am in no way devoted to any particular products.

I have a 550+ gram almost 2 year old beardie named Sputin. For the longest time he was a fineky eater, and at times seemed lethargic or moody. Not always, but he would go through little phases of activity and inactivity for weeks on end.

A few months ago I was at a reptile store and the main owner who breeds tons of snakes and reptiles showed me the products by Repashy. I was very skeptical, expecially due to the fancy advertising. I had used RepCal products since I had gotten Sputin, but decided to do some research. After reading that Repashy had bascially revolutionized Crested Gecko feeding, I gave them a whirl.

Perhaps he was coming into his own for other reason, but since I began using them I have seen dramatic improvements in many ways:
1) His appetite has skyrocketed - now he digs into his salad in earnest and seems to like a much wider variety of veggies and fruits. What before was a power struggle has now turned into a great pleasure. Also, I have not seen a huge weight gain, so his eating more does not seem to have made him any "fatter".
2) His activity level has dramatically improved - no days or weeks with lethargy and laying around, he now runs about much more, and when out of the cage he moves about the apartment much more.
3) He has a much better attitude - he just seems happier, more willing to come over to me to leave his enclousre, can a beardie smile? LOL
4) His colors really have begun to shine through - the label says they put extra caratenoids in the mixes, and wow what a huge effect.

One of my favorite parts is that you do not need to figure out which days to use them, they are designed to be used in small amounts every time you feed, so no more of two days of calcium, which day is vitamins, etc.

Again, I just wanted to post this because of how effective they seem to be. Maybe Sputin was just ready to come into his own, but it seems like more than concidence that when I switched products, things changed so much.

I use the Calcium Plus on insects (which is Calcium and vitamins all in one), SuperVeggie lightly on his salads, and SuperLoad to gutload all his feeders.

Has anyone else used these products? If so, did you have good or bad results?

Thanks for your replies!!

HerdOfTortoi

Bearded Dragon Egg
No one else uses this stuff? I was hoping for some conformation of refutation of my results!

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
i never see some of that stuff at the local stores here. The selection kinda stink. It is hard to get are hands on Calci without D3. We have been toying with the idea of the gut loader though.

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
I am going to check the local pet store where we buy all Harry's feeders to see if they have it. My Harry seems to be alot like your Sputin so maybe it will get him out of his funk. It's worth a try!!! If I find it I will let you know.:)

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
i never see some of that stuff at the local stores here. The selection kinda stink. It is hard to get are hands on Calci without D3. We have been toying with the idea of the gut loader though.
check out ebay and amazon for those items you can't find in local pet stores. The stores around me only cary calcium WITH D3 so I went to ebay and found it for 5 bucks and change INCLUDING shipping.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie refuses to eat any vegetables or any bearded dragon pellets! So what I do is I gutload the crickets with some pellets, vegetables, and some cricket vitamins from Flukers and that is the only way he is getting his veggies, but it's all I can do for now! It's funny because the crickets stomachs turn green from eating all that...guess it's not that funny now that I type it lol but when I first buy them they are brown and then practically overnight they turn green.:)

Pat B

Super Moderator
Don't feel bad BeardieBaby....Spike did the same thing for a very long time....no greens, veggies, fruits....no nothing!! I started putting a small amount of canned green beans in his viv. He ate them! I was very surprised so I started mixing the beans with other fruits or veggies. The little booger would only eat the greens and nothing else....go figure!!

Jenn_Tigercat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hmm that is interesting I have only ever used Repashy for my crestie. What formula do you use or are you just using the calcium supplement? also are you giving it to him just mixed with water or just putting the powder on his salad? Curious to how this would work since my Beardie Devlin is very picky and won't touch her greens.

HerdOfTortoi

Bearded Dragon Egg
I sprinkle the SuperVeggie on every salad, and use the CalciumPlus (which is calcium and vitamins together) on all insects - those are the directions it says.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Sorry to sound ignorant here, but I have actually never heard of repashy.....can you explain a little more about it to me? My dragon refuses to eat any greens as well and its kind of worrying me! Everyone tells me when they get older their taste buds change and they probably will start to like ONE of the different types of greens I try to give her...so until then I will just continue to feed him gut loaded crickets and still put greens in his cage everyday UNLESS I can find something that might help!

HerdOfTortoi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Its a brand of supplements, calcium and multivitamin and other stuff . . .

http://www.store.repashy.com/repashy-superfoods/retail/by-product-name-en/calcium-plus-en/ - the calcium / multivitamin for dusting insects
http://www.store.repashy.com/repashy-superfoods/retail/by-product-name-en/superveggie-en-2/ - the calcium / multivitamin for salads
http://www.store.repashy.com/repashy-superfoods/retail/by-product-name-en/superload-en-2/ - the gutloading stuff for insects (ALWAYS gutload, even if with vegetables or something else)

- why gutloading is important

BeardieMama

Hatchling Dragon
I have heard that a beardie that refuses greens and only eats protein can turn very mean, is this true? I don't know where I heard it, but I was curious. Harry hates his greens, but he seems affectionate and not really moody unless he is shedding. I still offer the greens daily, but he loves his supers and a couple of crickets a week, but thats it. He is 2 and healthy.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have heard that a beardie that refuses greens and only eats protein can turn very mean, is this true?
There are sure some strange stories out there. In my experience that is very untrue ... Harry will take to his greens when he is ready to, it should not be a worry!!! They know better than we do what they want & need at any particular time. It is our responsibility to provide the proper options for them to choose.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
My Baby won't eat greens either and he is such an affectionate, sweet, snuggly little guy!!! Like Germ said, I think that is just a story. Glad you asked!!! There are so many different stories and opinions out there, it can get confusing!:rolleyes:

notmyfault

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So does this mean regular dusting with the calcium plus supplement work well for beardies? I currently use this stuff for my Leos and it seems to work great for them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HerdOfTortoi

Bearded Dragon Egg
It seems to. Suptin gets insects 2 or 3 times a week, and I always use it (it says to on the directions, unlike RepCal).

notmyfault

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Cool thanks. Just wondering if it works the same for a beardie.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2