• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Biet-No Greens

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My 10 month old orange beardie will only eat calcium coated superworms, no crix, no any other worms, tried them all, and no greens, vegs or fruit.
Can he live ok on 10+ supers per day?

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
NO!
no no no no!!!!
That will make is soooo extremely sick! Most likely fatal.
Stop giving him supers. If a dragon gets hungry enough, they'll eat anything.
Offer fresh veggies every day. Sometimes they won't touch it, other times they will eat the entire bowl in minutes.
But he needs the veggies, especially since as he grows to become an adult their diet changes and is supposed to be mainly veggies and not so many feeders.

touche

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks, I thought som he just woke up, didn't eat for 3 mos. I will cut him off supers for now and push the greens. He used to eat arugula before the sleep/

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
supers can be fed but only along with other healthy staples...it seems as though your dragon may be addicted to the worms...just hold off on feeding him the worms and only offer greens and crickets or some other type of staple bug until he starts eating a mix of everything again

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have we had that friendly roach chat yet, dear ?
Roaches are the best feeder by and far.. for a 10 month old, you say just woken up after 3 months ? I would get in around 1K of dubias, lobsters, turks, or discords and feed as much as he wants in 2 15 minute meals.. Calcium and vitamins stick easily to them, and they have less chitin, more meat than any other feeder... Those are my main staple for my four.. and I got some hefty healthy dragons ;)
Just thought to promote roaches.. the dubias look like big pill bugs (roly pollies)

Janie ;)

wiiiroc

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I couldn't get roaches even if I wanted to.
I could illegally but I'd prefer not to!
Roaches are illegal to own/sell/possess in Canada

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i think discoids are legal up there. just like in florida they have laws agains every type of roach except discoid.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
touche said:
All illegal up here. Yah Canada LOL!
i thought there was a loophole with roaches...like if you found someone there that had them it was legal to own but not to ship them across the border

Latest posts