• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bi-daily Feeding

Rikki_rat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I have a 3.5 year old Bearded Dragon, and recently I've been doing Bi-Daily feeding with him since he's been putting on weight rather quickly with daily feeding, and I can't afford very many things outside of Mealworms and Superworms with the nearest reptile store (Still live w/ my parents, am unemployed, and in school. I'm very limited.)
All I can really afford as of now is Superworms, since I can feed him less of them at a time. I know they are extremely fattening and high in protein, but would it be ok/better too keep feeding him every other day?
I've been doing it for about two weeks now, and there seems to be no change in his behavior, He's actually gotten more active with the change, but I don't want to unintentionally harm him, he's my heart and soul.
This will not be a permanent diet for him. Once I can afford it, I'll be immediately adjusting him to a much healthier and balanced diet.
I just want to know if it will suffice as a temporary diet, perhaps for another few months, if not, a year at most.

Just to preface any questions about the limited diet, my parents do not like keeping his greens in the family fridge, and my personal mini-fridge does not function properly and cannot keep any greens fresh/good for anymore than a day or two even with proper storing because of the occasional malfunctions with the cooling system. My relationship with them is not the best, and I do not enjoy pushing things due to personal reasons.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello! I have a 3.5 year old Bearded Dragon, and recently I've been doing Bi-Daily feeding with him since he's been putting on weight rather quickly with daily feeding, and I can't afford very many things outside of Mealworms and Superworms with the nearest reptile store (Still live w/ my parents, am unemployed, and in school. I'm very limited.)
All I can really afford as of now is Superworms, since I can feed him less of them at a time. I know they are extremely fattening and high in protein, but would it be ok/better too keep feeding him every other day?
I've been doing it for about two weeks now, and there seems to be no change in his behavior, He's actually gotten more active with the change, but I don't want to unintentionally harm him, he's my heart and soul.
This will not be a permanent diet for him. Once I can afford it, I'll be immediately adjusting him to a much healthier and balanced diet.
I just want to know if it will suffice as a temporary diet, perhaps for another few months, if not, a year at most.

Just to preface any questions about the limited diet, my parents do not like keeping his greens in the family fridge, and my personal mini-fridge does not function properly and cannot keep any greens fresh/good for anymore than a day or two even with proper storing because of the occasional malfunctions with the cooling system. My relationship with them is not the best, and I do not enjoy pushing things due to personal reasons.
He needs the fresh salads --- your dragon is not going to get proper diet ---- I do not understand how people can be so cold to the health of animals -- it is just sickening and for them to be against keeping fresh greens in their fridge is ridiculous --- collards or turnip greens are not going to make everything in that fridge go bad -- I would look for a used mini fridge on Craigslist or FB marketplace and get rid of the one you have now- the supers are fattening and its better he eat more salads thats going to cut back on the calories hes eating- super worms and meal worms are more of a treat worm and I would cut them down to twice a week but your gonna need to feed him fresh salads everyday -
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale info it is outdated
Your better off getting super worms / insects etc on line they are cheaper
www.dubiaroaches.com
https://flukerfarms.com/crickets-live-feeder-insects/ these come large only you will need a container w/ lids w/ holes - you will need to order meal worm food and feed carrots for hydration -- please do not feed the dragon carrots as well it is too much Vit A --

Rikki_rat

Bearded Dragon Egg
He needs the fresh salads --- your dragon is not going to get proper diet ---- I do not understand how people can be so cold to the health of animals -- it is just sickening and for them to be against keeping fresh greens in their fridge is ridiculous --- collards or turnip greens are not going to make everything in that fridge go bad -- I would look for a used mini fridge on Craigslist or FB marketplace and get rid of the one you have now- the supers are fattening and its better he eat more salads thats going to cut back on the calories hes eating- super worms and meal worms are more of a treat worm and I would cut them down to twice a week but your gonna need to feed him fresh salads everyday -
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale info it is outdated
Your better off getting super worms / insects etc on line they are cheaper
www.dubiaroaches.com
https://flukerfarms.com/crickets-live-feeder-insects/ these come large only you will need a container w/ lids w/ holes - you will need to order meal worm food and feed carrots for hydration -- please do not feed the dragon carrots as well it is too much Vit A --
Thank you so much! I didn't know about these sites beforehand, I'll definitely be adding them to my bookmarks and see what I can get for him. I'll further limit how often he gets supers, and see what I can cover for greens right now.
I appreciate the advice!! ^^

Latest posts