• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Betadine bath stain or tail rot?

HeroHarlock

Bearded Dragon Egg
Recently my Beardie has gone through a bad shed which caused a small portion of his tail to fall off. I took him to the vet who told me that the tail was still soft signifying that it wasn't rotted but that I should keep an eye on it. Since then I've bathed the end of his tail in a betadine solution that was a tea color, and then I applied neosporin without pain reliever (as pain reliever can actually hurt the beardie). But i'm not sure if the betadine solution has just caused a stain or if it could be much worse and end up being tail rot. A second opinion would be great. (The darker browning you see is pretty much exactly the section that I've soaked in the betadine bath, which is why i'm hoping it's just a stain.
Tail 2.jpg
Tail 3.jpg
Tail.jpg

Latest posts