• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best way to handle being gone for the weekend?

kic90army

Juvenile Dragon
So ive been invited to go on a camping trip this weekend. Puff is 4 months old and I have never left her alone for an extended amount of time. I would be gone friday thru sunday afternoon. It gives me anxiety to even think of leaving her that long but I'd love to go camping. What are tips for having a self sufficient beardie for a weekend? Is it a bad idea all together? (My friends are not near as enthusiastic about my reptiles as I am haha, and no one is interested in watching them or coming by to feed them :-\)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, do you have any family that could check in on puff? If your lights are on a timer, able to feed before you leave, everything will be fine. Not the best for the dragon but will be fine for the one solid day you are gone.

gunkle

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
last weekend I took my family camping. We left thursday evening and returned Sunday afternoon. I bought a few extra bowls that the roaches couldn't climb out of and left plenty of roaches and greens. Lights on a timer. Cleaned the cage 1/2 hr before leaving and a good soak about 2 hrs before. When we got home he had some stress marks but they went away about 5 min after I put him on my shoulder and started to clean the cage. Ate quite a bit of the roaches and some of the greens. Pooped a few times too. I had no one to check in on him. He is 14 inches long and I think about 4 months.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I know there is a Teacher in here somewhere that has a class BD and it stays the whole weekend, every weekend, with something set up like you said. And I'm sure it's just fine. Given that as an example, I believe you did a good job. I'm planning on a road trip with a stage coach and I'm thinking about taking my BD with me next year. We will see....

Latest posts