• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best way to feed live bugs?

Wertbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry for the overly vague title, not sure what else to put in there.
My question is what is the best way to get a supply of live bugs for feeding? I know that some go all out and raise bucket fulls of mealworms, superworms, etc., and while that would be cool to do, I don't have the proper space for it and am already very busy as it is, with no time to take care of b u g s.
My dragon is currently living off of Rep-Cal pellets and the occasional fruits and vegetables I chop up for him, though I really wish there was a time-efficient way to get more meat in his diet. I have a couple times bought those containers with around a dozen superworms at places like petco, and he absolutely loves them! But is that the only alternative to raising feeder bugs?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry for the overly vague title, not sure what else to put in there.
My question is what is the best way to get a supply of live bugs for feeding? I know that some go all out and raise bucket fulls of mealworms, superworms, etc., and while that would be cool to do, I don't have the proper space for it and am already very busy as it is, with no time to take care of b u g s.
My dragon is currently living off of Rep-Cal pellets and the occasional fruits and vegetables I chop up for him, though I really wish there was a time-efficient way to get more meat in his diet. I have a couple times bought those containers with around a dozen superworms at places like petco, and he absolutely loves them! But is that the only alternative to raising feeder bugs?
Please get him off the pellets ---- you want fresh salads every day http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder --- I recommend dubia roaches they are easy to care for
www.dubiaroaches.com get a 10 gallon glass aquarium get some dubia food and dubia dew feed things like squash carrots DO NOT feed the dragon carrots too to much Vit A --- they last a long time and dont stink or chirp like crickets do and they are not escape artist like crickets -- How old is the dragon? super worms are treat worms along w/ meal for older dragons not babies -- horn worms a good hydrating worm --- when I know the age of the dragon I can help more

Latest posts