• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best sources for Silkworms and goliath hornworms

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are several dealers out on the web that offer silks. However the stock levels dropped due to the heat wave we all experienced this current summer...I'd say get online, and check with Mulberry farms and other "breeders" to see if they have a salable stock now.
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ive had tons of luck actually keeping them...my pws grow on their own when left in room temp and the hornworms i usually buy the pods with food but if i bought the eggs, they sell the food just like the silkworm chow...hornworms are a little tough to breed from what ive heard because unlike silkworm moths the hornworm moths fly and need to lay eggs on live plant leaves

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
psssssssst which plants ;) Since I tend to have some aquariums coming open in the near future... I can grow inside ;) Can't be that hard to slap a screen lid onto the tank in question to keep the lil... *buggers* contained... Okay, baaaad play on words ;)
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol im not quite sure which plants...im pretty sure the link above has the caresheet on them and tips on breeding them too

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have no idea whats in it actually...it may have some bran in it...its some "secret" mixture like the silkworm chow cuz their natural diet is toxic to animals

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm a distributor for Great Lakes. The food isn't bran, it's their own mix. Its full of nutrients, vitamins and necessary things they need.
They also eat mulberry chow. But worms raised on food from Great Lakes, don't adapt to mulberry chow well.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thats right! i thought u had some connection with hornworms lol i thought you just raised them for your own i didnt know u were a distributor

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've raised almost every bug possible.
Horns are a pain to raise from eggs. Bad as silkies as far as work goes. And honestly, I have enough work. lol

Once their the size to put into cups, the hard part is over.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
see raising/breeding silks was easy for me...granted im sure i didnt have nearly as much on my plate as u even tho i had 30 some odd lizards at my house

Latest posts